California Party Chair to GOP Candidates: Ignore President Trump

By Stephen Frank,  California Political News and Views

The California Republican Party is one of the few GOP parties in the nation that does not endorse President Trump for re-election.  Now we know why.  From the L.A. Times, “If the leader of the California Republican Party had her way, GOP candidates in this state would never mention President Trump’s name.”

Yet, by tradition she will lead the Republican delegation at the national convention and announce our votes for Trump (unless they just do it as a voice vote)

You may have been receiving numerous donation requests from the California Republican Party to support Trump, to volunteer for Trump.  If  the CRP refuses to  endorse Trump, how is the money being  spent that was raised in his name?  How will the volunteers be used, if you are getting GOP candidates to ignore the President?

The bigger problem with this is that if she believes her theory on 2020 California politics, why tell the Times, the Democrats and the public.  This will force the media and Democrats to hound every GOP candidates, “Yes or No, do you support the re-election of President Trump?”  Rusty Hicks, the chair of the Democrat Party, being paid HALF of what Chair Patterson is being paid (Hicks gets $127,500 a year—with massive voter registration efforts, Patterson gets paid $250,000 a year with NO voter registration effort.  Oh, has candidates for less than 2/3 of the legislative offices on the ballot.)

What will President Trump do?  What will his supporters do? By the way, since Trump is going to win in November, a California GOP member of Congress will be able to do more for the State than if Sanders wins.  Why not go with the President?

Related article: The leader of California’s Republican Party has a strategy for success: Never mention Trump

The views and opinions expressed in this commentary are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official position of Citizens Journal.

Stephen Frank: Is the the publisher and editor of the California Political News and Views.  Mr. Frank speaks all over California and appears as a guest on several radio shows each week. He has also served as a guest host on radio talk shows and is a full time political consultant. http://capoliticalnews.com/

Get Citizensjournal.us Headlines free  SUBSCRIPTION. Keep us publishing – DONATE

19 Responses to California Party Chair to GOP Candidates: Ignore President Trump

1. Bill March 17, 2020 at 7:41 pm

She needs to be removed from office by the voters

2. Bernard Ames March 12, 2020 at 5:37 pm

It is disgusting to read and hear that the CA GOP leadership is not supporting President Trump. My gosh such action is disgraceful and sounds more like the hostile democrats and media who are still suffering from the Trump Derangement Syndrome.
    The Never Trumpers in the Deep State are a despicable collection of losers.
    President Trump is the best President we have had in 25 years or more. Yes he does Tweet statements that might be better unsaid but we continually know where he is coming from.
    The purpose of a state GOP should be to do everything it can to enlist more voters for GOP candidates especially for the President.
    The overpaid frauds in control of the CA GOP should be removed immediately and be replaced by right thinking GOP supporters.

3. Dean March 9, 2020 at 12:31 pm

I was there… It was do to the Poxy system that stole that election!! TRAVIS had way more people by #. And it WAS Jessica that lead the fight to keep that corrupt system.

4. P Risinger March 9, 2020 at 11:17 am

get rid of her, this is nonsense

5. Jim Ingersoll March 8, 2020 at 9:02 pm

The politicians in Sacramento and DC are a disgrace.

6. Jim McCully March 8, 2020 at 5:07 pm

We had our chance to Back Steve or Travis. If you didn’t then you got what you voted for. In the second round we had to choice narrowed down toe Jessica and Travis The convention voted for Jessica. Again look in the mirror are you happy with your vote or not?

If you want positive change then go and be the change you say you want. Talk is cheap action is what matters. In the Northwest Region we either take care of ourselves in the 9 counties or not. We forced recognition of our CD-3 candidate Tamika Hamilton and she won the Primary despite being outspent 6 to 1. Why two reasons: one, she was the better effectively active candidate and two. grassroots hard work knocking and talking. phone banking a lot, strategic use of funds not just throwing money at ineffective behavior. There is al lot that can be done if the Chairs ban together and think strategically and act tactically in a smart way. Check out what Solano,Yolo, Lake and others did to pull off a two to one vote ratio. Remember folks this is our party not the leaderships party they work for us not the other way around unless we let it be that way.

7. KC Martin March 8, 2020 at 12:36 pm

I am fed up with the voter fraud in CA/NY!
    I am fed up with billionaires buying elections!
    I am fed up with the 95% liberal owned biased media!
    TRUMP2020

8. Robert Bates March 8, 2020 at 11:49 am

I am a Republican and Romney was right on the impeachment vote. Trump was a great negative on our Congressional races here in California in 2018 when he made the 2018 Congressional campaigns a self-declared vote about him rather than the individual Republican Party candidates. Call me a RINO who voted for Bill Weld earlier this month, but I will never give up my Republican Party membership because you others might call me that. I guess I am not alone. My Latino cousins deserted Trump in 2016 due to his comments about Mexicans used to “fire up” his base. My 86 year-old great uncle, a life long Republican, could not bring himself to vote for Trump and thus voted Libertarian for President in 2016. I wrote in John Kasich. My relatives and I remain Republicans waiting for sanity to return to our party in the years to come. I await the resurrection of the Republican Party of Lincoln, Eisenhower, Reagan and Bush. A party that actually cared about the principles of smaller government and reducing our deficit. It is a matter of time.

9. Ann Beeson -Leal March 8, 2020 at 10:09 am

Glad I also have not given to CalGop. I did not realize she received that much in salary. She needs to be removed right away Never was for her from the start and now for sure I want her out. Get a real Republican in there. When is her time up soon I hope.

10. Linda Nelson March 8, 2020 at 3:17 am

I agree. She needs to be replaced ASAP! She “is” NO Better than Mitt Romney! We need those who will be true to our Republican Party, especially if you are being paid a salary of $250,000. Raising funds for Trump? Our money can be put to good use instead of her! Get her out NOW!

11. Patrick Clemons March 7, 2020 at 9:46 pm

We in the El Dorado County RCC were warned that she was a never Trump’er…..her election was a set up …..bring back the Tea Party

12. Jon Paul White March 7, 2020 at 5:38 pm

Is there an alternative representative in Orange County rather than Adams?

13. Rita Thompson March 7, 2020 at 5:19 pm

Please come and speak to East Valley Women’s Republican Federation in La Quinta, CA. Check out our Trump Store on my Facebook page. Rita Thompson.

14. Donna Chatman March 7, 2020 at 5:06 pm

President a Trump and the republican party need to do something about twitch beoitch

15. Jolie March 7, 2020 at 5:01 pm

She’s a Rino. Out with her!

16. Barbara Schwebe March 7, 2020 at 4:16 pm

We need someone else in her positionThis needs to be done immediately. She is not helping the REPUBLICANS.

17. Linda Hoffman March 7, 2020 at 3:29 pm

Are you serious?? You need to change parties. No better than Romney. This is just wrong.

18. Kenneth Jackson March 7, 2020 at 3:23 pm

She is precisely the reason I haven’t donated a red cent to CalGOP. I want my money to support a winner, not a cabal of RINOs. Trump in 2020!

19. Gregory Brittain March 7, 2020 at 1:22 pm

In CD8 and SD23, the CA Rep Party spent its money to attack, smear and lie about conservative candidates.