Candles start fire in Ventura home

order arial, rx sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;”>Early Wednesday morning at 4:15 AM, a family of four was woken by the smell of smoke and the sound of fire alarms in their modular home in the Victoria Mobile Home Park. Residents evacuated the structure and called 911.

Fire personnel arrived on scene and quickly identified the source. The bathroom to the rear of the unit was charged with smoke caused by a vanity that had ignited.  The fire was fully extinguished within 3 minutes of arriving on scene.

The fire was caused by two unattended candles that were burning in the bathroom that melted down and spread fire to the cabinet. Firefighters made access into the vanity area and breached the adjacent wall to ensure that fire did not communicate to the inside walls of the structure. A thermal imaging camera was used, and the fire was deemed contained to the bathroom.

Firefighters used a smoke evacuator to clear the structure and the residence was determined to be habitable. Damage to the unit was estimated to be less than $1000 to contents and structure.

No injuries were reported.


press_release_icon

Get Citizensjournal.us Headlines free  SUBSCRIPTION. Keep us publishing – DONATE

 

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments