Here’s your update on COVID-19 in the County of Ventura:
16 new cases
33 deaths – 1 additional death (a male in his 90s with a comorbidity)
1,078 total positive cases
21 in the hospital
11 in the icu
Video Update: View today’s press conference at: https://vimeo.com/424204247
Modified Order: The Stay Well VC Health Order has been modified. It is attached and can also be viewed at https://vcportal.ventura.org/CEO/VCNC/VC_Public_Health_Officer_Order_May-29-2020.pdf The modified order goes into effect tonight at 11:59 p.m. and will continue until 11:59 p.m. June 14, 2020.
- This order includes the reopening of places of worship following the state guidance.
- This order removes several restrictions to allowed activities.
- Golf carts are allowed (limit 1 person per cart), putting greens and flag pins are also allowed (with protocols).
- Sportfishing is allowed with the guidance.
- HOA pools can reopen. Public pools must remain closed.
- Passive recreation is allowed and expanded parking along the coast.
- Day use parking expanding at some parks.
- RV camping at the Rincon will be opening Monday at 50% capacity.
Other important Updates:
- Today Governor Newsom announced the ability to open stage 3 has been given to counties. However, the state has not provided guidance. More information should be available by early next week for additional businesses to reopen.
- Thursday the County Board of Supervisors approved $20 million in funding for Business Grants and Rental Assistance. The Business Assistance Grant Program will include $5,000 dollar grants to local businesses. The first round of funding will include $5 million and a second round with another $5 million is anticipated. The program is being finalized and applications will be available in the next two weeks. Ample notice and communication will be given before the application period begins. Interested businesses should be directed to www.vcreopens.com. All registered businesses will receive direct communication as the program details and timelines are finalized. Those businesses interested in the grant program that are not yet able to register or reopen should still go to the vcreopens website and there they can “Sign up to receive updates”. All of these businesses will receive the program information as well. During this same action, the Board of Supervisors also approved a Rental Assistance Program for individuals. It will also have two rounds of funding at $5 million each. The Press Release is attached.