As residents are aware, there is an active fire in the San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles County. At this time, there is no threat to the City of Simi Valley, but we have a response plan in place if the fire enters Ventura County.
Nevertheless, we would like to take this opportunity to remind our residents about the importance of emergency preparedness. Here is a list of some of the items you should be prepared to take with you if you ever have to evacuate your residence:
• “Grab-And-Go Kit”
• Cash and Credit Cards
• Important Documents (Social Security cards, deed to your house, insurance papers, medical records, etc.)
• Medications and/or Medical Supplies
• Basic Hygiene Supplies (tooth brushes, diapers, extra underwear, etc.)
• Electronics (cell phone/charger, tablet, laptop computer, etc.)
• Irreplaceable keep sakes
• Pet “Grab-And-Go-Kit” (leashes, medications, meal bowls, pet food, water, etc.)
It is important to remember that evacuation orders are time sensitive and safety is the number one priority. For additional tips on emergency preparedness, please visit: readyventuracounty.org.
To stay up to date on emergencies that impact the Ventura County region, please visit: VCEMERGENCY.COM.