Strathearn Historical Park will transform itself into a small town in rural America in the 1860s for the 8th Annual Civil War Days Encampment on Feb 2nd 10am-4pm and Feb 3rd 10am-3pm.
Step back to another place and time, when President Lincoln could take a break from his Washington duties to give a speech on the steps of our Strathearn House. Here, costumed civilians, as well as soldiers from the north and south stand ready in their camps, eager to tell their stories to the passing visitors. Sergeants drill groups of local boys and girls curious to experience military life. Skirmishes, as well as artillery, infantry and cavalry demonstrations will take place throughout the weekend.
- President Lincoln delivers his Gettysburg Address
- General Ulysses S. Grant & General Robert E. Lee reenact the Surrender at Appomattox
- Kids wanted as recruits – come early & enlist, plus interview a soldier
- Food for sale from Ventura BBQ & Cocteles la Princesa
- Experience Authentic Artillery, Infantry & Cavalry Demonstrations
- Enjoy a 1860s Women’s Clothing Demonstration (Saturday Only)
- Tour historic Simi houses & buildings beginning at 12pm each day
- Historical Demonstrations: Civilian Encampment, School Room, Newspapers, Apothecary & more
- See Master Blacksmith, Ken Kurtz, demonstrate his trade
- Folk songs performed by strolling minstrels, the Slackjaw Brothers
- Shop Civil War Era Items at Simi Store & on Sutlers Row offer unique treasures
Presale Adult Tickets: $5 on-line tickets at www.simihistory.com.
Daily Admission at the Gate: $7 age 13 and up; $3 kids 5 to 12; FREE: age 4 and under. $5 active/retired military with ID.
Strathearn Historical Park & Museum is at 137 Strathearn Place, Simi Valley. Information: (805) 526-6453, www.simihistory.com, facebook.com/StrathearnPark