Electric Vehicle Advocates of Ventura County
Monthly Gathering and Meeting
6:30 PM, Tuesday August 16th, 2022
Once again, it’s time for our monthly meeting and to get our fill at Spencer Makenzie’s “Taco Tuesday”. In addition, we will have time to discuss events from the past month and upcoming activities and opportunities.
When – August 16th, 2022, start gathering at 6:30 to mingle, socialize and have a bite to eat. 7:30 for the meeting.
Where – Spencer Makenzie’s, http://spencermakenzies.com/index.html
311 Carmen Drive, Camarillo, CA 93010
We have reservations at 6:30 for 20 on the patio.
📝 Please RSVP to me [email protected] if you are going to attend so we can make sure to have table space for you.
Bring – Of course, your EV, and a desire to meet with friends, to discuss a variety of topics (including EVs) and to introduce others to the cause. We will be sitting on the patio, so bring a warm wrap or jacket, just in case.
One thing Spencer Makenzie’s is known for are their fish tacos and the “Taco Tuesday” offerings. But of course, the other menu items are also tasty. There are even special prices on some of the on-tap beverages. 🍺 🌮🌮 🍺
Some things to note –
I will bring a sympathy card for us to sign for Roy Prince. Carmen’s spouse.
If you have items to add to the discussion, please feel free to chime in. The more we share observations, news, and events the more we will be informed on making positive change in our community.
More charging locations are coming online throughout the county. We are tracking several that are in the final stages and hopefully will come online soon.
- The EVgo station at the Vons Shopping Center on Tierra Rejada (Moorpark).
- The Electrify America station at the Target in the Collection (Oxnard).
- And the Loop station at Union Bank in Ventura (Mills and Main).
When there is movement to bring these stations online, we will let everyone know. Oftentimes the delay at this stage of the project is with the utility.
Other EV Charging projects in the mill –
- The Electrify America Station in Santa Paula is under construction,
- Union Bank has contracted with Loop to install EV charging at Union Banks through the region. Locally there are 21 designated for installation. 11 in Ventura County, 8 in Santa Barbara County and 2 in SLO County.
- Tesla has been scouting in Camarillo for a 24-unit supercharger located somewhere in the Carmen / 101 area.
- Ikea Stores announced a partnership with Electrify America to install 150/350 kW EVSE at over 25 locations. This would be greater if not for the fact that the nearest Ikea store is in Burbank about 62 miles away.
- EVgo is planning to complete work by the end of the first quarter, 2023 for a major upgrade at the existing Esplanade station and a new installation of DCFC station at Winco in Ventura.
If you become aware of new locations in the works or online let the rest of us know.
Currently there are 839 known charging points in the county. More than expected, but not quite enough.
If you would like to provide input into locations in our region that need both level 2 and Level 3 DC Fast Charging stations, you can make entries on this site hosted by
Central Coast ZEV Strategy https://dks.mysocialpinpoint.com/central-coast-zev-strategy-plan Make your suggestions strategically and provide comment for justification. If other posts look good give them a like.
There will also be a booth at the September 25th event from the Southern California Association of Governments which is conducting survey on EV infrastructure needs.
We will continue to be involved in outreach and education events in partnership with the Santa Barbara – Ventura Chapter of the Sierra Club, the Community Environmental Council and the Ventura County Regional Energy Alliance with the goal to educate others and advocate for public adoption of Electric Vehicles.
We are currently planning for National Drive Electric Week (NDEW) events in Ventura and Santa Maria and to participate at Rotary Club Street Fair in Thousand Oaks.
If you are or become aware of other opportunities for outreach involving community events, organizations, schools or groups please let us know.
- Wings Over Camarillo, August 20-21 Wayne Morgan is looking into opportunities.
- NDEW Ventura Harbor, Sunday September 25th. 1-4pm. Our big event EV Showcase and education opportunity. We hope to have 50-100 vehicles or more gathered on the lawn. Please register using the RSVP button at https://driveelectricweek.org/event?eventid=3333
Already there are already 36 vehicles and 74 people registered, the more of us who register now will show others that our event is going to be active.
Also these events are in the works –
- NDEW North Santa Barbara County (Santa Maria), Sunday October 2nd
- Rotary Club of Thousand Oaks, 30th Annual Street Fair and Classic Car Show, Sunday October 16th. 9am-4pm. We will have a booth and small showcase of vehicles
- The Ventura County Regional Energy Alliance is planning two events –
- NDEW Ventura County Government Center, Tuesday, September 27th 10am – 2pm 800 @. Victoria Ave.
- NDEW Oxnard, Thursday September 29th, Downtown at the Plaza Park Farmers Market 500 S. C Street.
Register to participate in these events @ https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=BOzgvPHRWk-gUKS16RgWg2cGteOpKp1BmbXy4hbDMyhUNVVGMVE1QkZQUjBKUFlEQVJBQlFSUEJQNy4u&fbclid=IwAR21PThPFMcItN5UJicErA88NTJNP6KX0kEkBcL6tn-mgPO7JTpMd9-W65A
See you on Tuesday Night….
Drop me a note if you are coming so we can reserve sufficient table space.
If you would like to purchase an EV Advocates Tee Shirt, they can be had in a variety of colors and styles Between $19-31 + shipping See Kent for ordering details. Krista Sell did the artwork and set up the Café Press account.