St. John’s Integrated Breast Center Invites the Community to a Day of Breast Health Education and Celebration of Self at the Serra Center
The Integrated Breast Center at St. John’s Regional Medical Center, a Dignity Health hospital, will host their highly anticipated community breast health day titled “Empower Yourself: 8th Annual Breast Symposium” on Saturday, October 14th. This event held during Breast Cancer Awareness Month features health education, sharing, and pampering. Join us to learn about the latest scientific advances in breast care, personalized medicine, and mindful lifestyle approaches. We believe medical care should be tailored to your body, genes, and individual needs.
“Breast cancer is more than a diagnosis, and managing breast health involves more than just medical care,” says Dr. Lynn Jeffers, Medical Director of St. John’s Integrated Breast Center and Plastic Surgeon. “Our 8th Annual Breast Symposium aims to empower people with knowledge and shared experiences. Due to overwhelming community interest in this event, we are excited to move to the Serra Center where we can accommodate more attendees and expanded offerings.”
This public event is on Saturday, October 14 from 8:30a.m. – 2:00p.m. at the Serra Center (5205 Upland Rd, Camarillo, CA 93012). Complimentary registration includes:
- Expert speakers on risk factors, genetics, nutrition, alternative medicine, imaging advances, immunotherapy, new radiation protocols, surgery options, reconstruction options, and managing life before, during and after a
- Popular breakout sessions will include Breast Reconstruction, Real Patient Stories, Survivor’s Corner, and
- Expo booths with chair massage, bone density testing, breast health exhibits, door prizes, a skincare consultant, body care, jewelry, and boutique
- Catered breakfast and lunch.
- Lorraine Benavides – Patient Advocate
- Lisa Brand, MD – General Surgery
- Kathryn Burnham, PA-C – Genetics
- Lynn Jeffers, MD – Plastic Surgery
- Diane Martell, LMFT – Licensed Therapist
- Henry Montes, MD – Radiation Oncology
- Fariborz Mortazavi, MD – Oncology
- Behzad Noorbehesht, MD – Radiology
- Susan Speer, RD, CSO – Oncology Nutrition
- Alicia Zaragoza, NP-C – Oncology Nurse Navigator
To reserve your seat please call (805) 988-2641. Registration and the Expo open at 8:30a.m., the speaker program begins at 9:00a.m. All are welcome to sign up!
We warmly thank our incredibly generous sponsors: Victoria Morgan O’Connor Charitable Fund for Academic Excellence and Compassionate Care, City National Bank, Sientra, Advanced Motion Controls, and Ambry Genetics.
About Dignity Health St. John’s Regional Medical Center
St. John’s Regional Medical Center in Oxnard is a recipient of the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence and rated among America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John’s Regional is a member of Dignity Health Central Coast, an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services – all recognized for quality, safety and service. Hospitals in the Dignity Health Central Coast region include Arroyo Grande Community Hospital in Arroyo Grande, French Hospital Medical Center in San Luis Obispo, Marian Regional Medical Center in Santa Maria and St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital in Camarillo. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at dignityhealth.org/stjohnsregional.