Thanks to a wet winter and spring, the wildflowers and herbs in the mountains above Ojai are thriving as we approach the summer months. Join native plant guide Lanny Kaufer on Saturday, June 15, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for a Nature Hike to Potrero John Camp, deep in the Sespe Wilderness of the Los Padres National Forest.
The hike will take place on Potrero John Creek, 20 miles north of Ojai. The group will cover 1.7 miles each way on a gradually ascending but mostly level trail with some elevation gain through chaparral and riparian settings, beginning at 3700 feet. The destination is a (bring-your-own) lunch stop in the shade of a large oak along the creek at Potrero John Camp.
- Nature Hike to Potrero John Camp in the Sespe Wilderness with Lanny Kaufer
- Saturday, June 15, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Identify and discuss useful native plants and enjoy spring wildflowers and herbs in the mountains
- Cost: $25/adults, $20/seniors 62-up, $15/students 13-18. Kids 5-12 free, one per adult. No dogs or smoking, please.
- Register at HerbWalks.com or call 805-646-6281
This hike is presented under a Special Use Permit from the Ojai Ranger District Office of the U.S. Forest Service designed for guides who provide recreational and interpretive services to the public.
Register at HerbWalks.com or by calling 805-646-6281. Registrants will receive a confirmation email with all necessary info. After the hike they will receive a detailed follow-up email including a list of all plants identified. No pre-payment is required from prospective hikers, just a promise to let Kaufer know as soon as possible if their plans have to change.