Group of Migrants Not Yet at US Border Sue Trump for Allegedly Violating Their Constitutional Rights

David Krayden | Ottawa Bureau Chief

The U.S. border isn’t in sight, but 12 caravan migrants filed a lawsuit Thursday against President Donald Trump for supposed violation of their constitutional rights.

As Fox News reports, the lawsuit also names the Department of Homeland Security and cites Trump’s vow to send the illegals back where they came from with the backing of military force as a violation of the Fifth Amendment that states, “no person … shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.” (RELATED:Report: There Are Four Migrant Caravans Headed For The US Border)

The 12 from Honduras allege in their lawsuit, filed in Washington’s U.S. District Court, that some aren’t aware of the “well-documented human rights crisis” that is affecting Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. The plaintiffs also say they have been denied access to the Administrative Procedure Act and the Declaratory Judgement Act.

The plaintiffs are particularly concerned about how Trump has affected public opinion by employing tactics of “fear and hysteria,” specifically suggesting there are MS-13 gang members and other criminal elements traveling with the caravan, Fox reports.

Reuters report detailed how some of the migrants are armed with guns and Molotov cocktails that could presumably be used against U.S. border patrol or army personnel. Another migrant confessed to a reporter that he had been convicted of attempted murder, but hopes he can obtain a pardon in the U.S.

At least one migrant died in clashes with the Mexican border patrol and the Associated Press has noted the abduction of a child. (RELATED: US Border Patrol Warns Texans About Militias Stopping Migrant Caravan)

Vice President Mike Pence has said that the President of Honduras told him Venezuela was funding the caravan phenomenon. Pence has also expressed his conviction that Middle Easterners are also part of the migrant force, an allegation Trump has echoed.

On Wednesday, Trump announced that his administration is ready to send 15,000 troops to the Texas border to reinforce border patrol and National Guard troops already there. Initial reports said 5,000 members of the military were going to be tasked with providing such assistance.

Follow David on Twitter


Get Citizensjournal.us Headlines free  SUBSCRIPTION. Keep us publishing – DONATE

6 Responses to Group of Migrants Not Yet at US Border Sue Trump for Allegedly Violating Their Constitutional Rights

  1. Jane Tarzan November 4, 2018 at 4:45 pm

    They have no rights! They are invaders and President Trump has the power and the obligation to the American people to keep them out of the country and return them to their country of origin. Can you imagine what would happen to us if we tried to invade a Latin American country, then demanded all the rights of citizenship and demand we be given free everything?

    Reply
  2. Jack Remington November 2, 2018 at 11:55 pm

    Again, I repeat – a TOTAL breakdown of RESPECT for Authority. The Left used this breakdown as part of their “Marxist/Communist” weapon against the USA. The Left, now including their frivolous “lawsuit”, are making a total mockery of not only our Immigration Policies, but also the Presidency.
    The POTUS HAS the authority to protect the US Borders and not much the Communist Congress we have can say about it, especially if President Trump declares a National Emergency, to which an INVASION meets that standard. Trump IS the Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces, and can utilize those Forces as he sees fit for limited actions, and this INVASION definitely fits that bill.

    Hard for me to state this here and now, but I must: the GOP has some SPINELESS you-know-whats taking those Senate seats that a decent REP politician should occupy. They are more worried about those Billionaire Donors that want that cheap labor than the country that allowed them ALL to get rich. Ever see a Senator leave office poorer than whence they entered the seats? Me neither. Time for some action, such as Boycotting the Donor’s businesses. That would wake them up.

    Reply
  3. William Hicks November 2, 2018 at 10:22 pm

    Could the “Lawyers” be from “The Southern Poverty Law Foundation?”
    Maybe one of our fine democrat senators are funding this. Just think about the possibility that it could be The Clinton Foundation funding their lawyers.

    Maybe even that creepy lawyer for stormy davis could be representing them.

    No matter who it is, they’re no friend of United States Citizens.

    Reply
  4. William Hicks November 2, 2018 at 10:17 pm

    Who are the “Lawyers” representing these invaders? Certainly, if this was filed in a Washington D.C. Court, they must have some legal representation.

    Reply
  5. Laura Johnson November 2, 2018 at 8:09 pm

    Well, where to start?? First off, the President in Mexico offered asylum to those that are claim the need. They turned it down. That is on them!! Second, one has to be a Citizen of the USA to have the protections of it’s Constitution. The mainstream US press has tainted our politics to the world. They have skewed the truth to the point people actually think it is a God given right to come here and get taken care of just because they want to. The past administration is the cause of this. By opening the borders they left us at risk. By not requiring newcomers to earn anything they have grown to expect it. At whose expense?

    Reply
    • William Hicks November 3, 2018 at 7:02 am

      Not just the recent past administration, but decades of administrations in the past.

      Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *