Moorpark College is pleased to announce California Cloud Workforce Regional Cloud Day, a daylong free event for students and community members interested in learning more about careers in cloud computing. Held on June 13 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., attendees will learn about community college programs and career opportunities in this emerging tech industry.
“I have been participating in bi-monthly meeting events with organizations like California Cloud Workforce for the past year,” said Ed Garcia, program lead in the Computer Networking Systems Engineering Program at Moorpark College. “There are exciting new and high-paying jobs in cloud technologies that students need to be aware of.”
Cloud Day is hosted in partnership with Los Angeles Community College District and will feature these workshops:
· AWS 101 – Building cloud infrastructure the AWS way through an introduction to infrastructure as a service, cloud architecture, EC2, S3, VPC, containerization and Kubernetes.
· Cloud Hackathon – Learning troubleshooting techniques through accumulating points in this competitive game-based approach in developing cloud architecture.
· Intro to Microsoft Azure– Learning about the cloud in Azure and the cloud technologies that assist building AI architecture.
· AWS Alexa skills – Learning to create your own Alexa skill to automate helpful life applications.
· AWS Deep Racer – Exploring reinforcement learning by developing reward functions for a self-driving model car. Virtual verification and feedback through AWS platform.
· Raspberry Pi + Cloud – Learning how to collect sensor data from small affordable computers to begin your journey in Internet of Things (IoT). Technologies include Python, MQTT and AWS.
· Cloud Career Preparedness – Learning how to get prepared for a cloud career with assistance of AWS Educate by developing your resume and interview talking points.
· Big Data Technologies – Learning technologies that ingest large amounts of data and how they are prepared for downstream usage for business intelligence and machine learning. Technologies: Kafka and Spark
· Intro to Machine Learning – Learning to predict results through general math concepts and technologies covered with hands-on programming in Python and SciKit-Learn.
· Learn about Moorpark College’s Cloud and Cyber Security programs with Moorpark College CNSE instructors Garcia and Wayne Snyder. They will share information on Moorpark College’s new Cloud and Cyber Security curriculums. This breakout session will be at 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
Registration for the free California Cloud Workforce Regional Cloud Day is available through Eventbrite. Attendees will be asked to include contact information for workshop sign up. An email will be sent to registrants with links for events; providing a shipping address is optional for those that would like to receive any AWS Educate swag. For questions about Cloud Day or the breakout sessions, contact Garcia at [email protected].
About Moorpark College
Moorpark College is one of three colleges in the Ventura County Community College District and annually serves more than 14,000 students. Founded in 1967, Moorpark College is fully accredited and has the highest six-year completion rate within the California Community College System. The Campaign for College Opportunity named Moorpark College a 2019 Champion of Higher Education for the Associate Degree for Transfer Pathway. It is also a designated Hispanic-Serving Institution. The college’s signature career/technical programs include nursing, radiologic technology, biotechnology and journalism. The college’s America’s Teaching Zoo is the only associate degree exotic animal training program in the country. To learn more, visit MoorparkCollege.edu or follow @MoorparkCollege on social media.
Ventura County Community College District
761 East Daily Drive | Suite 200 | Camarillo, CA 93010 | (805) 652-5504
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
Web: Ventura County Community College District | Moorpark College | Oxnard College | Ventura College & Ventura College East Campus
Ventura County Community College District
Get Citizensjournal.us Headlines free SUBSCRIPTION. Keep us publishing – DONATE