OXNARD | ‘Just ASININE’: Ben Shapiro’s story about police harassing an elderly couple on a beach proves these lockdowns are going TOO far

If you needed more evidence that these lockdown measures are completely out of control, look no further than this thread from Ben Shapiro about police giving an elderly couple a hard time for daring to sit in chairs on the beach.

No, we’re not making that up.

Take a look:

Bad elderly couple sitting in chairs! BAD!

Keep in mind it may not be all that easy for a 93-year-old to sit in the sand, let alone get up. But you know, they can’t sit in chairs because that’s not ‘temporary’ enough

Also see 4-27-20 Ben Shapiro Show at -11:00

—————–

Editor’s Note update 5:17 pm:

Note from Oxnard PD Asst. Chief Eric Sonstegard:

“Shapiro played a video on his national show today and indicated that it was “police in Oxnard”. It was actually the Sheriff’s Department. The Hollywood Beach area often gets confused as the city of Oxnard but it’s actually unincorporated Ventura County.”

Editor’s Note:  Why can Tesla open up a plant with thousands of workers but 93 olds can’t sit on OUR beaches?

Tesla reportedly plans to recall some workers to its California plant this week

Read the rest of the story on Twitchy

Get Citizensjournal.us Headlines free  SUBSCRIPTION. Keep us publishing – DONATE

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
9 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
C Lipsett
C Lipsett
1 year ago

It is out of hand.
Why can we all show up at Target or the grocery store, but can’t sit on a beach – with NO One near you?!
We are backed by our constitution. Don’t let it slip folks! Use your head.
There are other illnesses out there besides this “new one”.
Being indoors like this is not healthy either.
What about depression?
Suicide?
Children and women who are NOT safe at home because they are abused?
What about those who are becoming hungry?
What about those who will become homeless?
Wake up.

Sherrie lindsey
Sherrie lindsey
1 year ago

How come the sheriff is picking on elderly people why didn’t they just leave them alone you’re 93 for god sakes I didn’t paid to something else and just leave the old people alone

Beth
Beth
1 year ago

My husband and I can’t sit on the sand anymore. I’ve had back, neck and knee surgery that makes it impossible for me. I have to have a chair. I’ll be so glad when we can do this again.

Craig
Craig
1 year ago

David, Calm Down. Nobody got hurt. The deputies were following policy from the Sheriff and county leadership. I’m sure they didn’t enjoy patrolling the beach looking for violations. Furthermore, your reference to being Nazis’ and a demand for an investigation is clearly is an overreaction. It’s more comedic drama that we don’t need at this time.

Roze
Roze
1 year ago

Oh please, stop the drama

John B
John B
1 year ago

My wife and I were there too, the police were polite and embarrassed but told us we could not even sit unless we were moving. Yoga or sit-ups were okay, just could not sit in place.

Jennifer LaBonte'
Jennifer LaBonte'
1 year ago

I would say that sitting on chairs for a ninety-three old (93) couple is essential for them. Since when can’t people do what this couple did. They were following the distancing. I would say that the Oxnard Police were BAD…really BAD!! Get a life guys quit picking on old folks!!

Citizen Reporter
Admin
1 year ago

From Oxnard Asst Police Chief Eric Sonstegard:

David Castillo
David Castillo
1 year ago

Nazis are gonna Nazi!
You can be on the beach but you can’t sit on a chair?
Please show me that law! Otherwise I want these officers written up, reprimanded, disciplined, reports filed in their records, suspended without pay while the investigation for abuse of power is investigated, and then arrested, tired, and prosecuted for violation of basic civil rights.