Oxnard opens Expansion Shelter for Homeless to Facilitate Social Distancing

Please share with those concerned about Oxnard’s homeless people. Here is a message from Oxnard’s Housing Director, Emilio Ramirez. “ good afternoon mayor and council, sending a brief regarding our efforts regarding covid-19 and the homeless population.

We will be opening an expansion shelter at the PAL 350 S. K St. this will allow us safe distance as well as adding guideline measures such as separate sleeping quarters and sick bathroom and showers.

Also, we have been cooperating with the County of Ventura to offer hotels rooms to homeless persons that are of high vulnerability to infection such as of age 65 and older. the county has contracted to rent a full motel in Oxnard to provide such temporary shelter. we have identified people in the shelter and in the field that meet those criteria and are currently working to provide the hotel shelter. the hotel will be managed by the county and our team together for security, meals, housekeeping, etc. thank you. happy to answer any questions you may have.

For all people seeking assistance. please contact me at the Oxnard Housing Department office. 805.385.8094

Emilio Ramirez
Housing Department

Get Citizensjournal.us Headlines free  SUBSCRIPTION. Keep us publishing – DONATE

11 Responses to Oxnard opens Expansion Shelter for Homeless to Facilitate Social Distancing

1. Juan lazos March 25, 2020 at 11:51 am

Please can you help me with a voucher I’m HIV pos undectable I’m 57 have ssi and Medicare and medical 805-336-4007

2. oxnard housing department March 25, 2020 at 8:53 am

for all people seeking assistance. please contact me at the oxnard housing department office. 805.385.8094

3. GEANETTE SOSA March 24, 2020 at 7:32 pm

Can I please have information about a hotel voucher I’m homeless and diabetic

4. Robert Rivera March 24, 2020 at 9:35 am

I am 61 yrs old I have been out here for a while. My sister is taking care of my older sister 74. And is already locked her down. My Brother asked me to come to Vegas. But I can’t see that happing right now. If you can help me at this time would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

5. Citizen Reporter March 23, 2020 at 3:06 pm

Please contact the oxnard housing dept. For help requests- 805-385-8114

6. Cruz Nevarez March 22, 2020 at 10:16 pm

Mr Emilio Rameriz my name is Cruz Nevarez I am homeless and I need a place to stay could you please get a touch with me I need a hotel room voucher I have a pet her name is baby baby I really would appreciate if somebody could help me thank you Cruz Nevarez

7. Diana Rodriguez March 22, 2020 at 7:48 pm

Hello Mr ramirez please contact me when u start getting homeless people to help them with shelter I’m homeless and have a tramatic brain injury mynu.ber is 8052485686 please call asap or email

8. Dianapaula Rodriguez March 22, 2020 at 7:44 pm

Hello Mr ramirez please can u please help me with some of that hotel shelter as 2016 I was diagnosed with a severe brain injury from my job I have a open and active workman’s comp case buyno I come whatso ever is comming I. I’ve being home melsse for about two years and with this outbreak dontno when the workman’s comp hearing willl resume so please help me get shelter soon my cell phone is 805 2649840 that’s a message number my cell phone is 8052485686

9. Veronica parga March 22, 2020 at 7:38 pm

I’m pregnant 34weeks homeless

10. Robert Wright March 22, 2020 at 3:21 pm

Hello Mr. Ramirez, my name is Robert Wright. I have been homeless for 5 years now. I am 52 years old and have Hepatitis C can you please help me with a motel vocher?

11. Knightenel March 22, 2020 at 2:59 pm

Thank you for all your efforts during this time