(Ventura County, CA) January 07, 2022 – As you head into a new calendar year, your local PODS® wants to help you make a fresh start in 2022. According to James Gregory, a clinical psychologist, clearing out clutter can positively affect your psychological state, increase focus, and minimize stress. Additionally, in 2021, more people spent time decluttering, cleaning, and repurposing items at home to minimize waste.
To help its customers recover from the busyness of the holidays, local PODS® Moving and Storage offers ideas about how to organize your home for the New Year.
- Repurpose your egg cartons to store away your holiday ornaments. As a bonus, you can stack the cartons safely in PODS Moving & Storage containers.
- Holiday lights. Holiday gifts typically come with a lot of boxes and cardboard. Save some excess cardboard and wrap your string lights around them to prevent them from getting tangled in storage.
- Tackle the Kitchen.After the holidays, your fridge and pantry have likely been left unattended for too long. Go through any holiday treats, check for expiration dates, toss out any old and uneaten leftovers, and clean it out for the new year.
- Donate or Sell. If you don’t use it, donate or sell it. Organize your belongings by sentimental value and prune the items you no longer need. Local PODS®offers secure, climate-controlled warehouses to store those sentimental items you are not ready to part with. For the items you are ready to sell, you can utilize Facebook Marketplace, NextDoor, Poshmark, or Ebay.
Local PODS’s moving and storage methods provide cost-effective ways to declutter and store items:
- Accessibility– PODS will drop off a container and store it when filled.
- Storage Away theClutter – PODS offers both on-site and off-site storage for those larger household items so you can make space in your home for the things that matter.
- Designed Around You– When youstore your items with PODS, we offer flexible solutions designed around your needs.
“PODS is more than just a moving and storage company. We know the holidays are a busy time for our customers and we want to help them start the New Year off strong,” said Steve Yapp, owner of Local PODS Moving & Storage. “We want to make the process of decluttering your home an easy and seamless experience that will help you maintain your home without feeling overwhelmed.”
About Local PODS Moving & Storage
Steve Yapp is the owner of three Tri-Counties PODS® franchises that serve residents and businesses in Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties.
Dedicated to the local community, Yapp’s franchises have donated hundreds of PODS containers to nonprofit and charitable organizations throughout Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, San Diego, and Los Angeles counties since opening their doors in 2005.
A partial list of recipients include: Boys & Girls Clubs, FOOD Share of Ventura County, Casa Pacifica, Toys 4 Tots, California Strawberry Festival, Ojai Music Festival, Relay for Life, C.H.P. Holiday Toy Drive, Salvation Army, Santa Maria Good Samaritan, Oxnard Downtown Management District, Boy Scouts of Ventura County, California Visitors Center, Simi Valley Days, the Oxnard Salsa Festival, and Catholic Charities.
A moving and storage leader for nearly 25 years, PODS offers flexible, personalized solutions tailored to our customers’ unique needs. When PODS pioneered portable storage in 1998, we introduced the world to a new way of thinking about moving and storage, with unlimited time, control, and flexibility. Today, PODS provides residential and commercial moving and storage services in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and the UK. The PODS network has completed more than 1.2 million long-distance moves and more than 5.4 million initial deliveries. Whether it is a long-distance or international relocation, across-town move, or renovation project, PODS provides customers with a personal moving and storage team ready for any situation. To learn more, visit PODS.com.
805 730 0133