Valencia, CA – Mike Garcia won today’s Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce Debate.
Garcia, a former Navy fighter pilot and small businessman, reiterated his plans to help get our economy back on solid footing while reminding viewers of Christy Smith’s support of jobs-killing AB5 and her votes to raise $3 billion in taxes despite telling voters she wouldn’t.
“Mike Garcia, a former Navy fighter pilot and small business owner, clearly showed that he’s the best candidate to go to Washington and fight for lower taxes for California families and small business owners,” Garcia Spokesperson Lance Trover said. “Christy Smith’s record of consistently voting against families and small business and for liberal Sacramento policies, including $3 billion in higher taxes, was on full display.”
Smith’s record is devastating for business:
- Voted for $3 billion in higher taxes and fees
- Including $1.7 billion on small business
- Managed Care Organization Tax ($1.5 billion)
- Voted for and continues to support jobs-killing, wage-lowering AB5 and now, in a rare moment of honesty, admits knowing it was bad for segments of independent contractors when she voted for it
- Supports gutting Prop 13 which would mean higher property taxes
- Supports a single payer health insurance option, which would increase spending by $32 trillion over 10 years
- Failed to support an effort to stop a gas tax increase
- Co-sponsored, co-authored, and voted for the Green New Deal in the California State Assembly
Mike Garcia believes in a strong national defense and is a pro-business, pro-taxpayer, political outsider with nearly 20 years of service to this country as one of the first Super Hornet strike fighter pilots in the Navy and is a highly decorated US Naval Officer. Garcia is a first-generation American whose father immigrated to the US in 1959 and has lived in the 25th district for nearly all of his life. Garcia lives in Santa Clarita with his wife and two sons. He was named to the National Republican Congressional Committee’s Young Guns program as one of the top GOP candidates in the country.
The 25th district encompasses the cities of Santa Clarita, Simi Valley, Palmdale, Lancaster and the northern part of the San Fernando Valley. The median income is $76,866 and the ethnic breakdown is 45.8% White, 8% Black, 7.7% Asian and 35.3% Hispanic.
To learn more about Mike and his campaign for Congress, visit https://ElectMikeGarcia.com.