*Editor’s Note, as a service to our readers we will be running this guide to in-person/mail-in voting every day until November 3rd. Ballots will start arriving October 2nd. If you have not gotten your ballot by October 16th please contact the election office: VenturaVote.org Phone: (805) 654-2664
In-person voting is recommended. You can vote in-person on October 31st, November 1st, November 2nd, November 3rd – Times and places are listed below. Your normal polling station may not be open and you will need to pick the one most convenient for you. October 31st is recommended to go vote.
2020: PRESIDENTIAL GENERAL ELECTION INFORMATION
In-Person Voting Locations
All In-Person Voting Locations will be open during the following times in the cities listed below:
Saturday, October 31st
10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 1st
10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Monday, November 2nd
10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, November 3rd
7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Locations: Download PDF IPVL-Insert-FINAL-1
|Camarillo Community Center||1605 East Burnley Street, Camarillo, CA 93012|
|Camarillo Library||4101 Las Posas Road, Camarillo, CA 93010|
|Crossroads Church||161 Plaza La Vista, Camarillo, CA 93010|
|Studio Channel Islands Art Studios||2222 Ventura Boulevard, Camarillo, CA 93010|
|United Methodist Church||291 Anacapa Drive, Camarillo, CA 93010|
|Ventura County Office of Education, Conference and Educational
|5100 Adolfo Road, Camarillo, CA 93012|
|Saint Francis of Assisi Roman Catholic Church||1048 West Ventura Street, Fillmore, CA 93015|
|Arroyo Vista Recreation Center||4550 Tierra Rejada Road, Moorpark, CA 93021|
|Moorpark Community Center||799 Moorpark Avenue, Moorpark, CA 93021|
|Newbury Park High School||456 North Reino Road, Newbury Park, CA 91320|
|Sycamore Canyon School||4601 Via Rio, Newbury Park, CA 91320|
|Oak Park High School||899 Kanan Road, Oak Park, CA 91377|
|Oak View Community Center||18 Valley Road, Oak View, CA 93022|
|American Legion Post 482||843 East Ojai Avenue, Ojai, CA 93023|
|Elite Theatre Company||2731 Victoria Avenue, Oxnard, CA 93035|
|Hueneme High School – Gym||500 West Bard Road, Oxnard, CA 93033|
|Juan Lagunas Soria Elementary School||3101 Dunkirk Drive, Oxnard, CA 93035|
|Loyal Order of Moose Lodge #561||1935 South Oxnard Boulevard, Oxnard, CA 93033|
|Oxnard Adult Education||1101 West Second Street, Oxnard, CA 93030|
|Oxnard College – Gym||4000 South Rose Avenue, Oxnard, CA 93033|
|Pacifica High School||600 East Gonzales Road, Oxnard, CA 93036|
|Rio Vista Middle School||3050 Thames River Drive, Oxnard, CA 93036|
|River Ridge Golf Club||2401 West Vineyard Avenue, Oxnard, CA 93036|
|The Salvation Army||622 West Wooley Road, Oxnard, CA 93030|
|Orvene S. Carpenter Community Center||550 Park Avenue, Port Hueneme, CA 93041|
|Isbell Middle School||221 South 4th Street, Santa Paula, CA 93060|
|2369 Royal Avenue, Simi Valley, CA 93065|
|Cornerstone Community Church||2080 Winifred Street, Simi Valley, CA 93063|
|Grand Vista Hotel||999 Enchanted Way, Simi Valley, CA 93065|
|Katherine Elementary School||5455 Katherine Street, Simi Valley, CA 93063|
|Rancho Simi Recreation & Park District||4201 Guardian Street, Simi Valley, CA 93063|
|Ronald Reagan Presidential Library||40 Presidential Drive, Simi Valley, CA 93065|
|Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church||4191 Cochran Street, Simi Valley, CA 93063|
|Simi Valley Public Library||2969 Tapo Canyon Road, Simi Valley, CA 93063|
|Cal Lutheran University – Lundring Events Center||130 Overton Court, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360|
|Conejo Valley Adult School||1025 Old Farm Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360|
|Fred Kavli Theater||2100 Thousand Oaks Boulevard, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362|
|Goebel Adult Community Center – Main Hall||1385 East Janss Road Thousand Oaks|
|La Quinta Inn||1320 Newbury Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320|
|Thousand Oaks High School||2323 North Moorpark Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360|
|Army National Guard Armory||1270 Arundell Avenue, Ventura, CA 93003|
|County of Ventura Public Works||11251 Riverbank Drive, Ventura, CA 93004|
|Elections Division, Government Center, Hall of Administration||800 South Victoria Avenue, Ventura, CA 93009|
|Loyal Order of Moose Lodge #1394||10269 Telephone Road, Ventura, CA 93004|
|Museum of Ventura County||100 East Main Street, Ventura, CA 93001|
|Ventura College Wright Event Center||57 Day Road, Ventura, CA 93003|
|Ventura Unified School District||255 West Stanley Avenue #100, Ventura, CA 93001|
|The North Ranch Center||1400 North Westlake Boulevard, Westlake Village, CA 91362|
Locations may change due to unforeseen circumstances. Before visiting an In-Person Voting Location, check the list on our website at VenturaVote.org.
*The following information has been provided to us by the Election Integrity Project/California. They are solely responsible for this content:
8 IMPORTANT Vote by Mail (VBM) steps to complete
Governor Newsom has issued an Executive Order requiring every registered voter in California to receive a Vote-By-Mail (VBM) ballot for the upcoming November general election. https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/2020/08/10/covid-california-mail-in-voting-information-ventura-county/3293835001/ In many states where VBM ballots have been used, serious processing issues have occurred. In order to avoid as many problems as possible we are issuing the following guidelines. We want every legally registered voter to vote and to insure their vote is processed correctly.
- Is your voter registration accurate? Check at https://voterstatus.sos.ca.gov/
Things to check and verify that you are registered and that your information is correct:
|voterstatus.sos.ca.gov||1. Your Legal Name
2. Current Address
3. Party preference (optional)
4. Email and Phone to track mailed ballots (optional)
|If your signature has changed a lot since you registered, you can give them a new signature by registering to vote again as soon as possible registertovote.ca.gov/|
- Every registered voter should receive a ballot via the United States Postal Service before October 16, 2020. Do not lose this ballot. Even if you vote in person on Election Day, you need to give them this ballot and envelope to prove you haven’t already voted it. If you do not receive a ballot contact the Ventura County Recorder’s Office:
Mr. Mark Lunn, County Clerk and Recorder
Office Hours*: Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm
Hall of Administration, Lower Plaza
800 South Victoria Avenue, Ventura, CA 93009-1200
Phone: (805) 654-2664 Fax: (805) 648-9200
We encourage you to vote!
- Wherever you complete your ballot make sure each entry is clearly legible, Fill in the oval completely next to the candidate or measure you are casting your vote for. If you make mistakes, ask for a new ballot, as soon as possible.
- You can vote at home. Sign the ballot envelope in the same way you are registered at the VC County Elections Office. They compare with your signature on file and reject if the signature is missing or does not match. DO NOT HAVE SOMEONE ELSE COMPLETE YOUR BALLOT. DO NOT GIVE YOUR BALLOT TO ANYONE THAT YOU DON’T TRUST
- To return your VBM ballot the best action is to deposit your ballot at the Recorders Office, polling site/ vote center or Ventura County drop box site. If you choose to mail your ballot, the best action is to deliver it to the closest US Post Office. If major delays affect the USPS as predicted, take your ballot to a drop box at the Recorder’s office.
- You can vote in person by surrendering your VBM ballot and get another paper ballot which you put into the ballot box, without needing any signature checking. You can do this at the Recorder’s office (address above) starting October 5, 2020, or at 47 Polling Centers in the first weekend of November and Election day. Locations and hours will be on the county website above and in the press… Make sure that when you surrender your VBM ballot, you or the poll worker writes “surrender” on the envelope and on the ballot of your VBM. Then fill out and personally deposit the final ballot in the secured ballot box.
- If you do not intend to vote, do not discard the VBM ballot in the regular trash. If you don’t vote at all, the ballot should be shredded or destroyed so that the blank ballot cannot be used by someone else.
- In order to check your ballot has been received by the County Recorder’s Office, sign in to WHERESMYBALLOT.sos.ca.gov https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/ballot-status/wheres-my-ballot/