…with team of 800 medics and beds on board to help overwhelmed hospitals free up space to treat the infected
- The USNS Mercy arrived at the Port of Los Angeles Friday morning after a five-day journey from San Diego
- The ship will help free up hospital beds on the mainland as an overflow facility for urgent care patients
- Mercy received a fanfare welcome from a local Baywatch boat as the ship arrived shortly after 8.30am
- More than 800 medical professionals are on board the former super oil tanker to provide medical and surgical services for non-coronavirus patients
- LA County currently has 1,229 confirmed cases of coronavirus and has seen 29 people perish from the viral illness so far
- Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?
Read the full article here: