Santa Paula – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) announces commencement of a repaving project on State Route 126 in the city of Santa Paula in Ventura County.
The parameters of the three mile long project are the Todd Lane undercrossing (west of South Peck Road) on the west end to .2 miles west of South Hallock Drive on the east end. All work will be conducted at night and the project is expected to last two weeks.
This is a pavement preservation project that will replace damaged concrete slabs with new concrete to increase the life of the pavement and provide a smooth ride to motorists. The schedule for the week of June 22 is subject to change and is as follows:
- All eastbound SR-126 lanes from Briggs Road to Hallock Drive. closed in segments as the work progresses eastward.
- 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night Monday, June 22 through the night of Thursday, June 25.
- 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the night of Friday, June 26.
- Lanes will re-open each morning.
- Detour: Traffic will be detoured onto eastbound Telegraph Road.
This $610 thousand dollar contract was awarded to Vanguard Construction.