On December 10th from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Apartment Association of Greater Los Angeles is hosting a seminar on rent control for Ventura County property owners at Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach Hotel, 2101 Mandalay Beach Road in Oxnard, CA. Gov. Gavin Newsom recently signed Assembly Bill 1482, statewide rent control and just cause eviction rules which affects multifamily property owners and housing production. The seminar will also provide insights on new state housing laws and the most common expensive mistakes made by landlords.
The Apartment Association of Greater Los Angeles (AAGLA) is the leading advocate and resource for rental housing providers throughout Southern California. Daniel Yukelson, executive director of the Apartment Association of Greater Los Angeles (AAGLA) and Patti “Widget”, chief executive officer of Widget’s Way are the speakers for this seminar.
Daniel Yukelson is available to provide expert insight on the seminar, current issues and policies that affect rental owners today, including:
· How Assembly Bill 1482 and statewide rent control and just cause eviction rules affects multifamily property owners and housing production.
· How the production of affordable housing is the most effective means of making housing more affordable.
· How the “Rental Affordability Act” does not solve the affordability problem but hurts property owners’ ability to cover their bottom-line expenses and the cost to keep their properties operational thereby forcing many to exit the rental housing business.
· How AAGLA is a resource for rental owners by providing them with operational advice and insights on policies that affect their business, meetings for property owners to stay connected and informed, and a supportive community that caters to rental owner’s needs.
· How California’s housing regulations in general have resulted in huge housing shortages, growing homeless populations, and skyrocketing rents.
· How rent control and tenant protection regulations have the exact opposite effect of what is intended.
Daniel Yukelson began his career as a Certified Public Accountant at Ernst & Young LLP, the global accounting firm, and for the past 35 years he has served in senior financial roles principally as Chief Financial Officer for various public, private and start-up companies. Prior to joining AAGLA, Yukelson served for 15 years as Chief Financial Officer for both Premiere Radio Networks, now a subsidiary of I-Heart Media, and 3 years for Oasis West Realty, the owner of the Beverly Hilton and Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills where he was involved with the development and construction of the Waldorf. Yukelson also served 6-years as a Planning Commissioner in the City of Beverly Hills.
Apartment Association of Greater Los Angeles