Santa Paula: Fire in Microwave causes about $80,000 in damages

Cause: Metallic object placed in Microwave oven

Injuries: 1 minor injury sustained by a Ventura County Firefighter – head laceration.

Number of personnel:  22

Fire Equipment: 4 Engines, including 1 paramedic, 1 support, 1 Light/air unit, 1 ambulance. Agencies; Santa Paula Fire, Ventura County Fire, Fillmore Fire, Santa Paula PD, AMR ambulance, SP Building & Safety, American Red Cross.

Narrative: Santa Paula Fire was dispatched to a reported Structure Fire in an Apartment building. Upon arrival, firefighters found an upstairs apartment unit fully involved with fire. Firefighters immediately engaged in an aggressive interior fire attack and were supported by units from Ventura County Fire and Fillmore fire departments. The fire was knocked down in approximately 20 minutes. The fire damage was confined to the unit involved. Some water damage was sustained by the apartment unit below. One firefighter received a minor injury/laceration on his scalp that was treated at the Santa Paula Hospital. The cause of the fire was determined to be attempted warming of a metallic object in a microwave oven. Red Cross assisted with two families displaced by the fire. Damage estimated at approx. $80,000.






Photo Credits: City of Santa Paula

press_release_iconGet Headlines free  SUBSCRIPTION. Keep us publishing – DONATE


0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments