Moving Oxnard Forward
If you can join us on Saturday, please reply “YES!”
We are excited to be hosting a free presentation on five unique initiatives we are asking Oxnard voters to consider to reform City Hall. Come mingle, enjoy some snacks and chat with other civic-minded residents about the bright future we can create here in Oxnard. If you want to learn more, ask questions and be part of the solution, we would love to see you.
Date: Saturday, May 18
Time: 12:00 PM
Location: Tomas Café
Address: 622 South A Street, Oxnard
We will soon be circulating petitions to place the following measures on next year’s ballot and hope to earn your support:
- Term Limits – The Mayor and the City Council to be limited to two consecutive terms, requiring a two-year break before becoming eligible to serve again.
- Open Meetings – Requires city council and other city legislative bodies meet no earlier than 5:00 pm (with a few exceptions); requires training on the use of Robert’s Rules to enable better run meetings; requires advance videotaping of staff presentations to allow more time for public comments; and expands the right of the public to comment on agenda items and make use of video presentations.
- Transparency – Makes the elected City Treasurer accountable for the city’s financial functions; requires online posting of city expenditures and their supporting documents; requires the finance department to hire a certified public accountant and publish monthly financial statements; and requires the publishing of performance measurements for city departments.
- Road Repairs – Predicates the continued collection of “Measure O” sales tax on city hall improving the condition of city streets and alleys.
- Permit Simplicity – Implements a program that will enable the city to issue permits in a single day, making it easier for business owners to bring higher paying jobs to Oxnard and for homeowners to improve their homes. Similar programs have been successful in other cities.
If you can attend this Saturday please reply “YES!”
Working together, we are … Moving Oxnard Forward!