Ventura County in the State’s Purple Tier Effective Immediately
Ventura, CA – The California Department of Public Health has announced that the Regional Stay Home Order has been lifted in Southern California. Four-week ICU capacity projections for the region are above 15%, the threshold that allows regions to exit the order.
The action allows Ventura County to return to the rules and framework for the Blueprint for a Safer Economy and color-coded tiers that indicate which activities and businesses are open based on local case rates and test positivity. Services and activities, such as outdoor dining and personal services, may resume immediately with required modifications. Tier updates will be provided weekly on Tuesdays by the California Department of Public Health.
“We ask our residents to continue to protect themselves, their loved ones, and their communities from COVID-19 by limiting gathering with anyone you don’t live with, wearing a face covering whenever you leave home, maintaining at least 6 feet of distance from anyone you don’t live with and washing your hands frequently,” said Rigoberto Vargas, Public Health Director.
In alignment with Purple Tier 1, the following sectors are permitted for OUTDOOR operations only until further notice. These sectors must still maintain mitigation measures (social distancing, face covering, and sanitization):
- Gyms and Fitness Centers (12 feet social distancing required)
- Places of worship
- Playgrounds and recreational facilities
- Family Entertainment Centers (e.g. bowling alleys, miniature golf, batting cages, kart racing, and arcades)
- Movie theaters
- Museums, zoos, aquariums
- Cardrooms, satellite wagering
Bars, pubs, brewpubs and breweries may operate outdoors if they are offering sit-down, outdoor meals. Outdoor operations may be conducted under a tent, canopy, or other shelter if no more than one side is closed.
Additional information for outdoor dining establishments:
- Sit down dining may only take place with members of the same household, it must be outdoors and must end by 11 pm.
- Maximum time a patron may be on the premises is 1 and ½ hours.
- Restaurants can remain open for takeout or delivery past 11 pm as their permit allows.
In alignment with Purple Tier 1, the following sectors are open for INDOOR operations. These sectors must still maintain mitigation measures (social distancing, face covering, and sanitization) and modifications:
- All retail (maximum 25% capacity)
- Critical infrastructure
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Libraries (maximum 25% capacity)
- Nail salons and electrolysis operations
- Personal care services (e.g. body waxing, estheticians, tattoo, massage)
- Professional sports (without live audiences)
- Shopping centers (e.g. malls, destination centers, swap meets, excluding food courts and common areas) (maximum 25% capacity)
To learn more about the State’s Tier system and specific allowable activities for Ventura County, visit the State of California’s COVID-19 Blueprint for a Safer Economy website. More information at www.venturacountyrecovers.org