Santa Paula – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) announces the continuation of the repaving project on State Route 126 in the city of Santa Paula in Ventura County. The schedule is subject to change and is as follows:
- All eastbound SR-126 lanes from Briggs Road to east of 10th Street. closed in segments as the work progresses eastward.
- 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night Monday, June 29 through the night of Wednesday, July 1.
- The project will be complete at 5 a.m. Thursday, July 2.
- Lanes will re-open each morning.
- Detour: Traffic will be detoured onto eastbound Telegraph Road.
The parameters of the overall three mile long project are the Todd Lane undercrossing (west of South Peck Road) on the west end to .2 miles west of South Hallock Drive on the east end. All work will be conducted at night.
This is a pavement preservation project that will replace damaged concrete slabs with new concrete to increase the life of the pavement and provide a smooth ride to motorists.
The $610 thousand dollar contract was awarded to Vanguard Construction.