Camarillo, CA — Ventura County Leadership Academy (VCLA) is pleased to announce the 2022 Journey to Leadership Awards honorees, recognizing six outstanding community leaders for their contributions to Ventura County. Save the date – Thursday, April 21st the community will join together to honor these local leaders at the Serra Center in Camarillo.
- Business Leader of the Year – Maria Ventura, Senior Public Affairs Manager, Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas)
- Educational Leader of the Year – Dr. Gerhard Apfelthaler, Dean, School of Management, California Lutheran University
- Non-Profit Leader of the Year – Jack Hinojosa, Chief Executive Officer, Child Development Resources of Ventura County, Incorporated
- Public Sector Leader of the Year – Sheriff Bill Ayub, Ventura County Sheriff’s Office
- Alumna of the Year – Carrie Hughes (VCLA Cohort XX), Chief Development Officer, Casa Pacifica Centers for Children & Families
- Founder’s Award – Dr. Tiffany Morse, Superintendent, Ojai Unified School District
“On behalf of the VCLA Board of Directors, it gives me great pleasure to announce the 2022 Journey to Leadership Award recipients,” said Brad “Brick” Conners, VCLA Board President. “The honorees epitomize the spirit of shared responsibility and collaboration the VCLA curriculum strives to instill in each graduate. These individuals are dedicated to our community, living VCLA’s mission to connect and strengthen our county.”
Information on sponsorship opportunities or congratulatory ads to support the VCLA’s Journey to Leadership Awards honorees can be found at www.vcleadership.org or by contacting VCLA Executive Director Pattie Braga at [email protected].
About Ventura County Leadership Academy – The Ventura County Leadership Academy connects and cultivates a diverse network of passionate, capable leaders through an immersion in both critical issues shaping Ventura County and opportunities for personal and professional growth. VCLA’s comprehensive program ignites awareness and inspiration, helping cohort members discover their individual pathway toward impacting our region. – www.vcleadership.org – 805-253-2683