The December 14, 2021, Ventura County Community College District Board Annual Organizational Meeting agenda has been released and is available as follows:
Agenda: BoardDocs: http://go.boarddocs.com/ca/vcccd/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=C86NCS5ED85F
Meeting date: Tuesday, December 14, 2021
Meeting time: Closed Session: 4:30 p.m.
Open Session: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Ventura County Community College District
District Administrative Center
The Board has returned to in-person meetings but will continue to be available via zoom. Due to COVID restrictions, space is limited to the public and those wishing to make in-person public comments. Whether you wish to attend in-person to give your public comments, provide a written comment (no more than 250 words), or provide a comment through the meeting Zoom link, please fill out the electronic Public Comment Card by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 13, 2021. Persons may speak on an agenda item or on other matters of interest to the public that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk of the Board at [email protected]
A Spanish translator will be available at the meeting.
A copy of all submitted public comments will be provided to each Trustee for their review prior to the Board Meeting. An electronic copy of all submitted public comments will be added to this agenda item prior to the start of the meeting.
Per Board Policy 2350 Speakers, those wishing to speak to the Board are subject to the following:
- The Chair of the Board may rule members of the public out of order if their remarks do not pertain to matters that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, or if remarks consist of personal attacks on others.
- Non-scheduled substitutes may not speak in place of scheduled speakers unless alternates have been submitted on the original request.
- Employees who are members of a bargaining unit represented by an exclusive bargaining agent may address the Board under this policy, but may not attempt to negotiate terms and conditions of their employment. This policy does not prohibit any employee from addressing a collective bargaining proposal pursuant to the public notice requirements of Government Code Section 3547 and the policies of this Board implementing that section.
- Individuals wishing to address the Board shall complete a public speaker card that includes the individual’s name, name of organization or group represented, if any, and a statement noting the agenda item or topic to be addressed. The individual can submit the completed public speaker card to the Board Clerk prior to the start of Closed Session, Open Session, or prior to the agenda item he/she has requested to address. A speaker can elect to speak during Public Comments or speak at the time the agendized item is addressed by the Board. Public speakers are required to address unagendized topics during Public Comments.
- No member of the public may speak without being recognized by the Chair of the Board.
- Each speaker will be allowed a maximum of three (3) minutes per topic; thirty (30) minutes shall be the maximum time allotment for public speakers on any one subject regardless of the number of speakers at any one board meeting. At the discretion of a majority of the Board, these time limits may be extended.
- Each speaker coming before the Board is limited to one (1) presentation per specific agenda item before the Board, and to one (1) presentation per meeting on non-agenda matters.
Pursuant to the federal Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need any special accommodation or assistance to attend or participate in the meeting, please direct your request, as far in advance of the meeting as possible, to:
VCCCD Clerk of the Board, 761 East Daily Drive, Suite 200, Camarillo, CA 93010
Get Citizensjournal.us Headlines free SUBSCRIPTION. Keep us publishing – DONATE