The Oxnard Fire Department received an update from the Oxnard office of the National Weather Service regarding the upcoming series of storms that will be impacting our area over the next week.
Below if the link to the full presentation.
NWS NOAA Feb 2023 Storm Presentation
In short, a large series of storms are coming through Thursday/Saturday.
– 3-5 inches with rates of .5 – 1 inches of rain per hour will drop
– The mountain area likely be in blizzard conditions that produce 35+ mph winds and 1/4 mile visibility on the road for a 3 hour duration.
– Heavy snow in the mountains ranges is expected
– Friday night will bring hail and gusty winds
– Another storm is expected right behind it Monday-Wednesday
Please be mindful driving through flooded areas and look out for downed power lines, trees and blowing debris.
TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT CITIZENS JOURNAL Please keep us publishing – DONATE