Be a part of voting history change by applying to be an Election Voting Assistant.
Why the change?
On June 3, 2020 Governor Newsom signed an executive order for the upcoming Presidential General Election on Tuesday, November 3, 2020 to be an all Vote By Mail election that allows voters to be safe and vote from home to align with COVID-19 Safety Protocols. A total of 47 In-Person Voting Locations will be available to accommodate voters needing replacement ballots across the county.
What has changed?
- Voters can now vote at any one of the 47 voting locations to obtain their precinct ballot type.
- Election Voting Assistants will apply online and interview for positions. No “Will You Serve” cards will be sent out at this time.
- A pay raise was made to $17.50 an hour.
- Lead workers must be proficient in operations of computers and computer software applications.
- All workers will be trained on social distancing measures and to oversee the security and direction of voters to limit the number of voters permitted into the voting area, sanitizing of the voting room and equipment to provide a germ-free voting area. These workers will assist voters with filling out ballot request forms and courteously answering voters’ questions.
- 589 Election Voting Assistants are needed to operate the 47 voting locations.
- Training will consist of 8-hours or more on multiple days at an hourly rate of pay.
- A commitment to four days of service/employment are required.
Voting Days 1-3
- Early Voting Days begin on:
Saturday, October 31, 2020 – Monday November 2, 2020 (Including Sunday).
- Early Voting Hours from 10:00 am. to 6:00 pm. In addition to voting hours there will be set-up and closing time procedures.
Voting Day 4
- Election Day is on Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Election Day Voting Hours from 7:00 am. to 8:00 pm.
Please apply online if you are interested in training and working multiple days as an “Election Voting Assistant” at one of the 47 In-Person Voting Locations throughout the County of Ventura.
Click here to apply online for the Election Voting Assistant position.
or in your browser go to www.governmentjobs.com/careers/ventura and search for Elections in the search box.