Journey to Leadership Awards event to celebrate honorees on Thursday, April 29th
Camarillo, CA — Ventura County Leadership Academy (VCLA) is pleased to announce the 2021 Journey to Leadership Awards honorees, recognizing five outstanding community leaders for their contributions to Ventura County. Save the date – Thursday, April 29th the community will join together to honor these local leaders through an online celebration.
- Business of the Year – PODS Moving and Storage
- Educational Leader of the Year – Dianne McKay, Ventura County Community College District Board Member, Area 2, and President, Mustang Marketing
- Non-Profit Leader of the Year – Monica White, President and CEO, Food Share of Ventura County
- Public Sector Leader of the Year – County of Ventura COVID Response Team
- Alumnus of the Year – James Joyce III, Cohort XVII, Founder, Chief Visionary Officer at Coffee with a Black Guy
“The VCLA Board of Directors is pleased to honor this year’s award recipients, as well as all of the great work being done by the many VCLA alumni, facilitators, & supporters in our community,” said Brad “Brick” Conners, VCLA Board President. “Our honorees epitomize the spirit of collective responsibility and cooperation the VCLA curriculum strives to instill in each graduate.” This event is supported in part by Ventura County Community College District, AMR/Gold Coast Ambulance, Assured Partners, Bill & Elise Kearney, Casa Pacifica, County of Ventura, Tolman & Wiker/Assured Partners and Ventura County Credit Union.
About Ventura County Leadership Academy – The Ventura County Leadership Academy connects and cultivates a diverse network of passionate, capable leaders through an immersion in both critical issues shaping Ventura County and opportunities for personal and professional growth. VCLA’s comprehensive program ignites awareness and inspiration, helping cohort members discover their individual pathway toward impacting our region. – www.vcleadership.org – 805-253-2683